Friday 30 September 2011

A Proper Minute… in September

Two takes of the same view remind me,
It's all about perception.


Playing Just a min… all alone today so won't be linking up anywhere. 
Still I think it's a nice way to reflect on what's been going on each month and on some of the more subtle changes that occur.
I always get asked how I've been and what's been happening only to say not much or not a lot while feeling a bit sad that my life plans aren't rolling along as quickly as I'd like them to be.
I do have a tendency to focus on the bigger milestones in life rather than taking time to notice the finer details such as these:


Making… Money. Its been a madhouse around here with 10-12hr days over the past few weeks. With nicer weather comes the realisation we can no longer hide our hairy legs and ratty nails behind bulky clothes and gloves.
Watching… Breaking Bad season 4, this show is all kinds of suspense and drama and has me up till the wee hours of the morning watching "just one more episode". I'm so hooked!
Reading... I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max, I read this wanting to know what all the fuss was about. At one stage during some of his accounts I had to ask myself; 'do guys like this really exist?' before realising, "of coarse they do", in fact I actually know a fair few of them… if only they'd let me tell their stories.
Listening… to various bloggers choice tracks - this is my favourite way of finding great music and getting to know peoples musical taste at the same time. Gems of the moment are Video Games & Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey, after being reminded of her thanks to the lovely Miss Amber Lee.
Still sussing out the rest of her stuff but for now those two songs are on repeat in my mind.
Playing… with Poladroid as featured above.
Loving… collapsing onto the couch in my hubbys arms after a long day.
Looking forward… to relaxing in Trinity Beach. Can't wait to recharge these ol' batteries. I'm sure I must run on solar energy.


Taking part in Just a minute is my way of stopping to smell the roses when I've been spending far too long focusing on the manure  ; )
xx

3 comments:

Rhianne said...

I love poladroid!! I had a serious addiction to it at one point :)

thanks for the sock bun love, you've made my day - it does feel a bit odd telling people theres a sock in your hair but I managed to convinve my friends about it lol.

Have a great day!

Katerina said...

Aren't they both the greatest - re sock bun; note to self: If your hair is brown don't use a white sock!
I'm such a bimbo...

amberlee said...

I read that book years ago and i have no words to describe it but portions are still clearly etched into my mind... it was the so bad but have to keep reading type of book. So jealous you have BB. I miss it so much! When uni finishes i will be having a week on the couch to catch up on all my tv shows.
Lana has my heart at the moment, beautiful.
Haha mega comment... and TRINITY BEACH! ummm take me with you??
Miss your pretty face but it seems we are both too busy these days for a chin wag :( xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...