Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 10: Songs I Listen To...

I think I've mentioned before I have an eclectic taste in music.
If you didn't believe me before you will after this Me Project
(be prepared for a very unusual ipod shuffle, coming soon)
A bit like me, my play list has almost no rhyme or reason.
Aah well, let's get on with it anyway shall we?

What I listen to...

When I'm happy:

  • Come As You Were by The Bird & The Bee  - Such a happy, cheery song. Makes my sunshiny days even happier.
  • The Chase by Illy - This has featured on my blog before but it really does inspire happy thoughts and the desire to just get up and get on with it for me.
  • Happiness by Alexis Jordan - Dorky teen pop & the hubby hates it with a passion but I can't help having a skip in my step when this comes onto my ipod :)
When I'm sad:
  • Breathe Me by Sia - Love, love, love the uber talented Sia. This song is hauntingly sad but oh so earnest.
  • Hyperballad by Bjork - I absolutely love this version by the quirky Bjork. There's always a deeper meaning behind her lyrics. Simply beautiful sound and encapsulates some of my hidden, darker moments.

When I'm bored...
The lyrics are perfect poetry describing the
effects of boredom so beautifully.
When I'm hyped?
I'm taking this as meaning when I'm feeling a bit energetic or getting pumped up for a big night so I'd say I probably would listen to just about anything by Tiesto or basically anything basey or dancy.
When I'm mad:
Haha I love to belt these two songs out when I'm in the shits at the top of my lungs.
I mean, really, who wouldn't?
This song speaks for itself.

Well I hope you enjoyed my little mix.
It was a tough one, since I have over 1000 songs and about 24 different genres on my playlist, what I listen to varies a lot depending on my mood and where I'm at in my life at any present time. 
If a song "speaks" to me I own it - I like to think it's because I'm multi faceted (and not because I'm fickle when it comes to music at all...)

There's music in the sighing of a reed;
There's music in the gushing of a rill;
There's music in all things, if men had ears:
Their earth is but an echo of the spheres.
~Lord Byron

Happy listening,
Kat
xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not quite the Bluegrass or Country I usually prefer but I did like them. Thanks.
Odie

Unknown said...

The power of music eh? It really is a very powerful medium when it comes to influencing our moods. Thanks for sharing your favourites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...